Thursday, March 1, 2012

I love you, Pop Pop


Pop Pop and I at my wedding...
Pop Pop holding my son, Andrew as a newborn...


Pop Pop on the left being a good sport and wearing a lei for my party when I was little girl.





My butt. :) This is a pair of panties my grandparents brought back from Hawaii for me when I was an infant!


My first daughter, Emily, visiting with Pop Pop


James showing Baby Rachel, my second daughter, to Pop Pop

Pop Pop holding my oldest, Emily, in the hospital, shortly after she was born.

Pop Pop visiting with Baby Raychie, my second daughter...

My grandparents and I when I was baby...


My beloved "Pop Pop" died yesterday morning at home. It was such a privilege to spend most of the last two days and nights of his life with him as he slowly but surely passed out of his body and into what comes next. Feeling a lot of mixed emotions but overwhelmingly grateful I could be right there with him, that he is out of pain and that I learned to love and what it feels like to be loved from this incredible man. He isn't in his body. But his spirit hasn't moved or changed a bit. He is is right here. I love you, Pop Pop. Thank you for loving me so perfectly, unconditionally and extravagantly. No one has ever loved me the way you do, and I don't think anyone else ever will. I am so grateful to have you in my life.


1 comment:

Post a Comment